Corn on the cob means summer for me. In my family we eat corn basically only grilled and that means only during the bbq season. I think it’s one of the best things to put on the bbq. Grilled corn on the cob is so simple and so delicious. Add some herb butter and salt and there you have it – a perfect side dish the whole family will enjoy.
My toddler really loves grilled corn! I cut it for her with a knife and she enjoys picking up the little pieces of corn with her fingers. It’s a perfect way to keep her happy at the dinner table while we adults can enjoy our dinner in peace. 🙂 I serve her corn without the sea salt.
We have been grilling a lot lately. Check out our other two delicious family friendly bbq recipes, which are Grilled nectarine salad and Mini grilled pizzas! Hope your families will like them as much as we did.
My tips for the perfect grilled corn on the cob:
- use fresh corn on the cob – it tastes so much better than the pre cooked packaged corn
- take your time with the grilling – use only medium heat so that the corn doesn’t burn and it cooks through
- make your own herb butter with a little lemon juice
In Finland we get local fresh corn only at the end of the summer, that is around the end of August. Until then I have to use imported corn, but I still think it is a tastier option than the pre cooked corn.
GRILLED CORN WITH HERB BUTTER
- 2 ears corns
- 2-3 tbsp butter (room temperature)
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp herbs (I used chopped basil, flat leaf parsley and chives)
- black pepper
- sea salt
- Prepare the herb butter by mixing butter, herbs, lemon juice and pepper until ingredients are combined. Place the butter in a plastic wrap and roll into a log. Put in the fridge to chill.
- Prepare the corn: peel back the husks and remove the silk.
- Heat the grill to medium-high.
- Place the corns on the grill, and cook for about 20 – 25 minutes, turning occasionally with tongs.
- Coat with herb butter and some sea salt and serve at once.
Enjoy the grilled corn on the cob with herb butter!